National Smile Month is a UK campaign to promote good oral health.
Fleet Street Clinic is proud to be supporting this great campaign.
Dr Pilar Gesto, one of our highly-qualified dentists, explains why good oral health is key…
“In our busy and sometimes stressful lives, it is common to forget the power of a smile. This simple gesture can affect our work, our social life and our love life. But don’t worry. Beautiful smiles all have one thing in common: they always come from healthy mouths!”
To achieve a healthy and beautiful smile, simply follow the straightforward advice below:
- Clean and floss your teeth after every meal.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups.
- Avoid too much food and drinks that may stain your teeth, such as coffee and red wine.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not use abrasive toothpaste or products that may damage your enamel, such as sticky foods and acidic diet.
- In some cases, a whitening treatment may be appropriate if recommended by your dentist.
- Most importantly: smile as widely as you can!