The travel clinic provides pre-travel and post-travel care to a wide range of leisure and business travellers, often supporting the news media industry working in some of the world’s riskiest places.
We regularly undertake special projects supporting our corporate clients, ranging from reality TV shows to onsite delivery of workplace flu vaccinations, health programmes for healthcare workers and emergency services.
We are always expanding our team, so if you are interested in a career at Fleet Street Clinic, please send your resume.
The Fleet Street Clinic is seeking a clinic nurse with a keen passion for travel medicine to join our exciting and dynamic team. No prior experience in travel medicine is needed, but enthusiasm for travel and a proactive approach to health care is needed.
We are keen to hear from nurses with previous experience in vaccinations, travel health, occupational health, or practice nursing.
The 29 Fleet Street Ltd is a long-established, independent clinic offering a multidisciplinary range of private medical and healthcare services to individual patients and corporate clients.
Clinic Nurse – Main responsibilities:
- Providing travel health consultations, advising travellers on the full range of travel health issues, administering vaccines (including yellow fever), anti-malarial medications, supplying travel health-related products and medical kits.
- General adult and paediatric vaccination services (e.g. flu, HPV, shingles).
- Working off-site on corporate projects (e.g. company health promotion/wellbeing days, group vaccination sessions, flu vaccination campaigns, Covid screening for film & TV production), including occasional home visits.
- Involvement in point-of-care testing (with our own on-site UKAS-accredited lab).
- Sexual health testing
- Undertaking health screens and practice nursing services (such as wound dressings & stitches removal, contraception).
- Providing occupational health services including medicals, pre-placement assessments, health surveillance, blood tests and case management
- Occasional opportunities for travel.
In addition to your nursing qualification and entitlement to work in the UK:
- A keen interest in travel health, or tropical/infectious diseases
- Prior clinical experience, in a clinic setting or a vaccination role, is desirable.
- Experience working abroad or personal travel in developing countries is desirable.
- Qualifications and/or an interest in occupational health
- Qualifications and/or an interest in practice nursing
- An interest in undertaking further training (which we can provide or support).
- Excellent communication and English language skills (oral and written).
- Computer literate.
Over the past two years, patterns of international travel have changed, and we have had to adapt our practice to our patient’s needs throughout the pandemic.
A flexible, can-do approach, combined with a willingness to become involved in all areas of our practice is therefore essential.