The Fleet Street Clinic is a fully-resourced, multidisciplinary medical centre, with a long-established, well-known independent specialist Travel Clinic. We have maintained face-to-face patient care throughout the pandemic, and have our own accredited PCR laboratory on site. We are a small, friendly team and offer a stimulating and varied working environment with plenty of opportunity for further training and personal development.
The travel clinic provides pre-travel and post-travel care to a wide range of leisure and business travellers, often supporting the news media industry working in some of the world’s riskiest places.
We regularly undertake special projects supporting our corporate clients, ranging from reality TV shows to onsite delivery of workplace flu vaccinations, health programmes for healthcare workers and emergency services.
We are always expanding our team, so if you are interested in a career at Fleet Street Clinic, please send your resume.
The Fleet Street Clinic is currently seeking Travel Clinic nurses for full-time or part-time roles within our nursing team.
- Providing travel health consultations, advising travellers on the full range of travel health issues, administering vaccines (including yellow fever), anti-malarial medications, supplying travel health related products and medical kits
- Answering emails and telephone calls from patients, managing patient appointments
- Working under a PGD framework to administer vaccinations and medication
- General adult vaccination services (e.g. flu, HPV, shingles)
- Administering paediatric vaccines (e.g. meningitis, BCG, hepatitis B, varicella)
- Providing vaccines and blood tests for occupational health purposes, medicals and visa medicals
- Pre-departure medicals for travellers
- Working off-site on corporate projects (e.g. company health
promotion/wellbeing days, group vaccination sessions, flu vaccination campaigns, Covid screening for film & TV production), including occasional home visits.
- Involvement in point-of-care testing (with our own on-site UKAS-accredited lab).
- Undertaking mini health screens (BP, BMI, blood sugar checks) and practice nursing services (such as wound dressings & stitches removal).
- Assisting other members of the clinic where required (such as doctors and front of house reception).
- Occasional opportunities for travel.
In addition to your nursing qualification and entitlement to work in the UK:
- Ideally, a background in Travel Health, Tropical nursing, preferably with qualifications such as: Diploma in Travel Medicine, Certificate in Travel Health (ISTM’s CTH examination), Membership of the Faculty of Travel Medicine (Glasgow), Diploma in Tropical Nursing.
- Alternatively, a broad background in Practice Nursing (e.g. with skills in wound care, contraception)
- Experience of working abroad or personal travel in developing countries is desirable.
- An interest in undertaking further training (which we can provide or support) and developing a career in Travel Medicine.
- Qualifications and/or an interest in occupational health.
- Excellent communication and English language skills (oral and written).
- Computer literate.
Over the past two years, patterns of international travel have changed, and we have had to adapt our practice to our patients’ needs throughout the pandemic. A flexible, can-do approach, combined with willingness to become involved in all areas of our practice is therefore essential.
Salary negotiable according to experience.