Veneers at Fleet Street Dental Clinic
Are you considering veneers? At Fleet Street Dental Clinic we offer a wide range of veneer treatment as part of our aesthetic dental services.
Veneers can be made of dental porcelain or a composite material. If your teeth are stained, chipped, or not aligned on top of each other, veneers are a good treatment option to consider because they look like natural teeth and don’t require a major procedure.
Veneers can also be used to close small gaps when braces are not suitable. If one tooth is slightly out of position, a veneer can sometimes be fitted to bring it into line with the others.
A composite veneer can be placed directly onto the tooth by the dentist, or it can be an indirectly fabricated where the veneer is made in the laboratory and the dentist later bonds the veneer on to the tooth. The porcelain veneers are only indirect restorations. The porcelain veneers tend to be the more popular option as they are stronger, last longer and have better cosmetics for a more natural appearance.
What does treatment involve?
- A consultation will be carried out to establish your treatment needs, which will involve an in-depth discussion and history taking.
- A dental examination will be carried out and further discussion carried out, with options being provided for dental treatment depending on your individual circumstances.
- A diagnostic wax-up will be prepared. This will allow the dentist to show what you should expect from the treatment. This allows you to give your input with regards to the shape, shade and position of the veneers.
- Preparation of these teeth will involve shaping the tooth. Very minimal preparation is required for veneers. An impression of the tooth structure remaining is taken, and this is sent off to the laboratory where the technician uses the models to make your veneers, according to your feedback and input from the diagnostic wax-up.
- I usually advise my patients to meet the technician to ensure the perfect shade match. It can take the technician anything up to about 2 weeks to prepare your veneers, so in the interim period; temporary veneers are fitted to protect your teeth. These temporary veneers will be modelled from the diagnostic wax-up, thus giving you a chance to see what your new veneers will look like. If you feel any changes need to be made to the permanent veneers, this will be a great time to provide the feedback to the technician.
- The fitting appointment involves trying the veneers in with a try-in paste. If you are happy with the shade an appearance of the teeth, we will fit your veneers using a resin-based cement.
- If colour is the main need for treatment then whitening is an option to veneer treatment
- If position and alignment are the main need for treatment then orthodontics is an option to veneer treatment.
HOW TO BOOK
To book your complementary cosmetic consultation, call Fleet Street Clinic today on 0207 353 5678 , email us at email@example.com or book an appointment online.