World Malaria Day
Reaching the zero Malaria target
How You can Prevent Malaria
- Using antimalarial medication
- Spraying indoor walls and your clothing with insecticides
- Using insecticide-treated nets and window screens
- Wear light-coloured, long sleeve clothing
- Get rid of any stagnant water
Since 2017, the World Health Organization has supported a group of 21 malaria-eliminating countries through a special initiative called the “E-2020”. This report charts their progress towards a common goal: eliminating malaria within the 2020 timeline. According to this report, 8 E-2020 member countries reported zero indigenous cases of malaria in 2020, a remarkable achievement in view of the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic. Maintaining zero cases is a testament to their commitment to protect hard-won gains and keep the disease at bay. You can find more on this report here.
Read more about malaria and how to you can prevent it.
For further information and a consultation with an experienced member of our travel team, you can book an appointment online here.