TRAVEL CLINIC NURSE
We are currently seeking a Travel Clinic Nurse (4 or 5 days a week, Monday-Friday, to include one late shift).
Salary negotiable according to experience.
Our Travel Clinic has remained open throughout the coronavirus pandemic, though the focus of our work has expanded to include new issues that the outbreak has raised – such as pre and post travel coronavirus testing (using our in-house point-of-care technology), occupational health, return-to-work issues, and preparation for a busy winter vaccination programme ahead.
The position offers ample opportunity for professional development.
Typical duties within the Clinic include:
- Providing travel health consultations, advising travellers on the full range of travel health issues, administering vaccines (including yellow fever), anti-malarial medications, supplying travel health-related products and medical kits
- Answering emails and telephone calls from patients and managing patient appointments
- Working under a PGD framework to administer vaccinations and medication
- General adult vaccination services (e.g. HPV vaccine, shingles vaccines)
- Administering paediatric vaccines (e.g. meningitis, BCG, hepatitis B, varicella)
- Providing vaccines and blood tests for occupational health purposes, medicals and visa medicals
- Pre-departure medicals for travellers
- Assembling/updating travel medical kits
- Working off-site on corporate projects (e.g. company health promotion/wellbeing days, group vaccination sessions, flu vaccination campaigns)
- Undertaking mini health screens (BP, BMI, blood sugar checks) and practice nursing services (such as wound dressings & stitches removal)
- Running in-house (point of care) lab tests – using our own equipment
- Stocking clinical rooms, ordering vaccines and medicines, managing clinic stock levels
- Assisting other members of the clinic where required (such as doctors and front of house reception)
In addition to your nursing qualification and entitlement to work in the UK:
- Qualification in Travel Health or Tropical nursing, and/or Practice nursing skills an advantage although not essential.
- Experience of working abroad or personal travel in developing countries is desirable
- Excellent communication and English language skills (oral and written)
- Computer literate
- Flexible, “can do” outlook
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org